Monday, November 19, 2012


We had to change the picture into black and white with photoshop. Also in photoshop we had to use  threshhold to change the value of black and white. In doing that we had to make sure that there were no floating islands. Making sure there were no negitive spaces was the hardest part.

For the collage background i only wanted black and white with pictures and words. The boarded I wanted to put color so I put coloerful pictures. I also found some pictures with really kool texture that i had to put on the background.

positive space was pertty easy but, negative was hard since I had buildings with little tiny spaces in between them. So I decided to just do the outline of the city which was much more easier. Now the arch wasn't to hard i just had to add a line on the right even though there was no island it would just look better then one opening.

The Xacto knife was i tiny cutting tool that we had to use to cut out our stencils. It was a challenge using it because it wouldnt cut straight and it would wiggle which made it difficult to cut. Also we had to cut away from our bodys because what if our hand slipped it would go into our body. If you were cutting away from it then it would come back and stabe you.

I had to cut a little off the edge of the stencil so it would fit into the canvas that I made. I wanted to use the black because the picture was of the city at night. The blue was because I wanted it to be shiny and the purple was becuase I thought it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment